The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) is the county’s primary transportation agency. OCTA creates, funds and delivers efficient transportation for Orange County. We keep Orange County moving with extensive bus and paratransit service, Metrolink commuter rail service, the 91 Express Lanes Toll Road, motorist services and freeway, street and road improvement projects. OCTA began in in 1991 with the consolidation of seven separate transportation agencies. OCTA is dedicated to its organizational mission and core values. OCTA’s mission is to develop and deliver transportation solutions to enhance quality of life and keep Orange County moving. OCTA’s core values consist of integrity, teamwork, communication, customer focus, and can-do spirit.
Under direction, plan, organize, and manage OCTA’s treasury and public finance activities within Board approved policies; coordinate cash management, departmental reporting and operations, debt administration and investor relations programs.
This is an exempt position in Salary Grade V: Min $112,673.60 - Mid $140,129.60 - Max $167,585.60 per year. The starting salary will be within this range based on qualifications.
The application deadline for this position is Thursday, November 30, 2017.
This list is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification and is not designed to be interpreted as an exhaustive listing of all tasks required of employees assigned to this job.
• Plans, organizes and directs the implementation and maintenance of OCTA’s investment program; develops and monitors OCTA’s investment policy and procedures, including all external disclosure requirements.
• Manages the daily operation of investment processing and placement of large amount of funds; coordinates with other OCTA departments for the development of cash flow projections to enable the most efficient investment of resources.
• Works with underwriters, financial advisors, and bond counsel regarding issuance of bonds, notes, TIFIA loan, investment contracts, etc.; ensures that debt issuances meet all legal requirements and guidelines for tax-exempt borrowings and expenditures to meet Internal Revenue Service regulations and to protect OCTA’s tax-exempt status.
• Interacts with the financial community; establishes and maintains relationships with rating agencies, municipal bond insurance firms, financial institutions, investors, and brokerage firms; ensures that financial statements meet requirements and support the highest bond rating; negotiates and/or receives bids for all OCTA borrowings.
• Develops recommendations regarding major fiscal policy, management issues and short and long range financial planning; analyzes, interprets and presents financial reports and policies to Board of Directors and sub-committees.
• Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates performance of external investment managers and supervises internal cash management activities.
• Prepares reports for the Board of Directors, sub-committees, and executive management; provides analysis and develops recommendations for Board of Directors regarding investment positions related to movement of key economic indicators.
• Supervises performance and development of assigned staff and external consultants.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, business administration, public administration, or related field. Minimum of eight years (ten years preferred) of progressively responsible management experience, four years of which are management in high-level treasury and public finance environment. An advanced degree in a related field or professional certification is highly desirable.
• Theories, principles and practices of business and public finance, investment management, accounting and auditing.
• Debt issuance process and applicable debt instruments.
• Budgeting and project management.
• Computer applications including word processing, advanced spreadsheet applications, databases, and presentations.
• Direct activities of the Treasury and Public Finance Department.
• Compile, analyze and interpret complex data.
• Analyze situations, identify problems, and recommend solutions.
• Manage multiple activities concurrently.
• Understand, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, and budgets.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Prepare comprehensive reports and correspondence.
• Interact professionally with various levels of agency employees and outside representatives.
• Supervise and develop subordinate staff.
Working Conditions/Physical Activities:
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. OCTA provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Positions in this class typically require:
• Work may be performed in a stressful, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment.
• Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
• Positions in this class typically require: Standing, Walking, Fingering, Talking, Hearing, Seeing, and Repetitive Motions in computer use.
Positions in this class may also include some or all these factors:
• Hazardous physical conditions/materials.
• Atmospheric conditions.
• Intense noise.
Compensation and Benefits:
OCTA offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. The specific features of this package include: medical, dental and vision insurance; retirement; vacation and holiday pay; life insurance; deferred compensation plan; short-term and long-term disability plans; flexible spending accounts; educational reimbursement; ergonomic/wellness programs; and flex-time schedule. Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
OCTA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.