OCTA's Emerging Professionals Intern Program is a year-round paid student/intern program. You will gain real world work experience on meaningful projects under the guidance of transportation professional. You will have the opportunity to use problem solving, communication and decision-making skills as you gain valuable work experience. You will also work with a mentor and benefit from career counseling.
As an Emerging Professional, you will be exposed to OCTA's career opportunities in the transportation industry. You will gain deeper awareness of transportation's many facets through your OCTA orientation, projects and teams, and internal networking.
Under direct supervision, you will perform a variety of professional entry-level duties related to your major field of study and the sponsoring department's current business operations.
The interview/hiring process will result in an eligibility list to fill current and/or future openings through September 10, 2018.
The pay range is from $14.00 - $17.00 per hour depending on your education level. This position is not eligible for employee benefits. The work schedule will consist of approximately 20 hours a week, not to exceed 1,000 hours within a continuous 12 month period.
The application deadline for this position is February 24, 2018.
This list is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification and is not designed to be interpreted as an exhaustive listing of all tasks required of employees assigned to this job.
• Administrative: Database updates, insurance certs, file/file room management, drafting correspondence, front desk support.
• Contracts Support: DNBI, reference, license checks, conforming agreements/amendments, validating proposed labor rates, processing no cost amendments.
• Project Support: Evaluation/pre-bid/proposal conference assistance, file assembly, administrative project support (i.e. spreadsheets/checklists), data mining, public records.
• Analytical ability to interpret policies, procedures, contracting principles and regulations.
• Good customer service skills to effectively work with internal and external customers.
• Capacity and desire to learn/develop skills.
• Ability to communicate in verbal and written form in a concise, clear manner.
• Organizational and interactive skills.
• Provide a flexible work schedule.
• Work well in a team environment.
• Currently a full-time college student enrolled in a two-year or four-year college program and following a course of study leading to a Bachelor's or Master's degree, with emphasis in Business, Supply Management or Finance.
• Must be a full-time student maintaining a 2.5 GPA.
• Intern must conduct themselves in a professional manner.
Working Conditions/Physical Activities:
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. OCTA provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Positions in this class typically require:
• Work may be performed in a stressful, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment.
• Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
• Positions in this class typically require: Reaching, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing, and Repetitive Motions in computer use.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OCTA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status