OCTA's Emerging Professionals Intern Program is a year-round paid student/intern program. You will gain real world work experience on meaningful projects under the guidance of transportation professional. You will have the opportunity to use problem solving, communication and decision-making skills as you gain valuable work experience. You will also work with a mentor and benefit from career counseling.
As an Emerging Professional, you will be exposed to OCTA's career opportunities in the transportation industry. You will gain deeper awareness of transportation's many facets through your OCTA orientation, projects and teams, and internal networking.
Under direct supervision, you will perform a variety of professional entry-level duties related to your major field of study and the sponsoring department's current business operations.
The interview/hiring process will result in an eligibility list to fill current and/or future openings through September 10, 2018.
The pay range is from $14.00 - $17.00 per hour depending on your education level. This position is not eligible for employee benefits. The work schedule will consist of approximately 20 hours a week, not to exceed 1,000 hours within a continuous 12 month period.
The application deadline for this position is Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
This list is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification and is not designed to be interpreted as an exhaustive listing of all tasks required of employees assigned to this job.
• Support the Capital Projects Outreach Section’s mission of enhancing the public’s understanding of OCTA services, projects and programs.
• Assist department staff with educating, informing and building consensus through community outreach activities and tactics.
• Provide logistical support for events and community meetings.
• Customer Service skills to effectively work with internal and external customers.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
• AP style desired
• Graphic design/photo experience preferred
• Have a flexible schedule and interest in attending, planning and executing public events.
• Proofread own work, be a self-starter, and hold a great desire to learn.
• Must be detail oriented
• Perform entry-level professional work.
• Effectively communicate both in writing and verbally
• Currently a full-time college student enrolled in a two-year or four-year college program and following a course of study leading to a Bachelor's or Master's degree, with emphasis in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Business Administration, or related fields
• Must be a full-time student maintaining a 2.5 GPA.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
• Intern must conduct themselves in a professional manner.
Working Conditions/Physical Activities:
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. OCTA provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Positions in this class typically require:
Work may be performed in a stressful, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OCTA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.